PDA

View Full Version : LowPoly: Volkswagen Caddy 1

s2k
02-07-2008, 12:26 AM
http://www.abload.de/img/caddy3crr.jpg

I got inspired by Kenneth Fejer's lowpoly work, so I started this little racing pickup yesterday.
It's not perfect, but I would like to have c&c for my first try on a *super-lowpoly* model .

s2k

pangarang
02-08-2008, 06:30 AM
It's a tiny texture, but i think you could still add more detail to it. Get in there and do some pixel painting and the whole bit. Make it look as realistic as you can with what you've got to work with.

s2k
02-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Mhh thanks.. honestly, perhaps I would have should give (is that right english? ;)) it another day.. Do you think that there should be also more highlighted areas on the texture map ??

kromano
02-08-2008, 06:28 PM
I've been staring at your render for a while trying to determine just what about it doesn't feel quite right. It's a really great work that needs just a little bit extra.

Looking at the racing stripes on the roof I don't quite understand why they fade out along the rooftop before they reach the back. The back of the truck that has the flat canopy covering is just a solid, flat green. It needs a little more detail to bring it to life.

I don't know if there's enough space on your tiny texture, but think about where you truck is racing. Is it an offroad machine? Paint some dirt and mud up the sides when it splashes quickly through the mud puddles.

If it's a street racer, how about some burned rubber black marks along the wheel wells?

I don't have much else to say, I think it's pretty solid all around.

s2k
02-09-2008, 02:07 AM
thanks man !

I will order 3dsmax on tuesday (it was the demo i worked with until now) and perhaps I will make an update to that one then.

And yes, I also think now that it just needs some highlights and shadows on the map , just to get a less flat look? thats what you meant right ?

good night

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2008, 02:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.