PDA

View Full Version : A Cold Girl

MarshallP
02-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm starting a quick, quick animation about 15 seconds are so.

A girl is cold on a bench, a boy walks up and offers her his hot chocolate, she accepts, sips, burns her tounge, and then offers it back to him.

I'm just looking for some feedback and will be working on this until it is finished, i've just got the whole thing blocked out and the first part animated a bit, just looking for critiques and helpful hints from anyone. Thanks, it is much apprieciated.

Blocked Out Version + first part animated:

http://www.vimeo.com/669820

Thanks for any feedback!

scottda
02-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Nice, you might want to consider using a different angle. Unless she tilts her head back, the whole 'invisible neck' thing is a bit odd, try putting the camera about 30 degrees to the right and 45 degrees up, and tilt it down so you can see the back of the boys head. Just a thought ;D

Capel
02-12-2008, 12:20 AM
can you show your blocking? cuz i'm gonna be honest with you, that first part isn't working at all. she looks like she's clicking her heels together rather than shivering . most likely the quivering of the body is going to be on 1's. 2's at the most.

i have a sneaking suspicion you're doing what so many other people do and biting off way more than you can chew. 15 seconds is not a "quick animation" by anyone's standards. my suggestion would be to start with the bouncing ball and work your way up to full character animation from there but i can't really say that for sure until i see your blocking...

MarshallP
02-12-2008, 02:02 AM
Hi Capel,
First off Thanks for the feedback.
I'm trying to get a workflow for character animation down, i've done a few bouncing ball and character animations before, just haven't gotten a good pose to pose+straight ahead combination approach, not particularly sure how detailed the blocking stage should be.

At the start she is clicking her heels together, and not shivering, I tried to do something similar with the knees, but don't think it works very well and will probably end up cutting that out. I've uploaded a little more recnent version of the scene to Vimeo.. its still in the uploading que right now, but will be up in about an hour if you would like to take a look at that. It is here:

http://www.vimeo.com/683518

Thanks a bunch for all of the feedback!

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2008, 02:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.