PDA

View Full Version : Selecting columns in the Component Editor

jharrington
02-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm working on a smooth skinning UI with a componentEditor in it. I'm trying to add a command to isolate specified joint columns in the componentEditor.

There is a command to isolate selected columns in the component editor (componentEditor -e -showSelected 1), so what I'm trying to do is have my script "select" the columns for the joints I specify, then isolate them.

What I can't figure out how to do is to use MEL to actually select columns in the component editor. The script editor feedback when I select a component editor column is simply "hilite" (e.g. hilite -replace joint2) However, if I put a command to "hilite -replace $joint" in my script, it does not hilite the component editor column, only the actual joint in the viewport.

How can I use MEL to forcibly isolate the columns for specified joints? Or can anyone suggest another way to do what I'm trying to do?

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2008, 09:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.