PDA

View Full Version : change fbik effector orientation

bves
02-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi

is it possible in MB to orient an effector to the corresponding bone? So for example I got a character with the feet not pointing direct to positive Z. So about 30 degree to the side. But the foot effector always (no matter if in local or global mode) is oriented at worldspace in MB default stance pose. So to animate a foot wiggle up and down I always have to rotate all three axis instead of only one.

May someone knows about this.
Greets

bclark
02-06-2008, 07:51 PM
yes you have to adjust the pre and post rotation attributes of the contorls . pick the object and look the properties tab (set the view to all and not default) you will find it down in the transforms setion.

Adust them both untill your contorl is in the correct orientaion.

Brad

Neill
02-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi

is it possible in MB to orient an effector to the corresponding bone? So for example I got a character with the feet not pointing direct to positive Z. So about 30 degree to the side. But the foot effector always (no matter if in local or global mode) is oriented at worldspace in MB default stance pose. So to animate a foot wiggle up and down I always have to rotate all three axis instead of only one.

May someone knows about this.
Greets

Hi bves,

there is another way to do orient trick... plot character to skeleton, then rotate Character_reference object as U need and plot character to control rig. As the effectors are parented by reference object they will have start orientation that U set up

bves
02-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi

thank you both for your help. Pre and post rotation are working fine. But i'll also try your trick Neill. Sounds very good.

Thanks and greets!

bves
02-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi

when I do the plot action back to the control rig, all the effectors is set up jump back into their default position ... may I do something wrong.

kamsvag
05-01-2008, 12:13 AM
yes you have to adjust the pre and post rotation attributes of the contorls . pick the object and look the properties tab (set the view to all and not default) you will find it down in the transforms setion.

Adust them both untill your contorl is in the correct orientaion.

Brad

Hi!
I can't seem to find those properties you're writing about. I'm trying to get the feet controlls (in local space) to be parallel to the ground floor while the character stands in stance pose. Right now I get the ankle controll in local space tilted to follow the direction of the bone wich points to the base of the toe. I could get around this problem by adding an extra joint, but it seems to me like a bad work around.

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2008, 12:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.