PDA

View Full Version : i suck at 3d!

myd00m
02-05-2008, 09:33 PM
im really bad at 3d and cant get a game job T_T
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/261/2174781202022578largems6.jpg

antodonnell
02-05-2008, 09:57 PM
I guess i ll be the first to say it, yeah you suck at 3d.

NOT .... Apart from the bristles which seem too thin and silky (The helmet bristles are normally thicker and stronger to first stay up and second, boots don't clean themselves) the helmet is pretty damn good. The texture work, shaders. All is doing what it should. Do you have any wires ?
Looking at your folio with 10867 views and a good selection of work. Can you seriously not get a game job ?

CGmonkey
02-06-2008, 12:12 AM
You're going to get hired on your weakest piece in the portfolio - considering that you actually only have gritty and noisy texture work I guess that's the thing that scares hem away.

You only have one 'wow' piece, and that's the helmet you've got there. I almost turned white when I saw it consdering what I got hired for - it is however your only thing in the portfolio that really shows professional standard of quality.

Re-Do, Do right!

Analyze stuff like visibility from afar, readability, define material properties better, find other ways of conveying a history, try to find items that is cool and flashy.

Good luck man.

Auctane
02-06-2008, 01:31 AM
How long have been you looking for a job?

Is it your first job in the game industry?

How are you going about your job hunt?

As I have been finding out in my personal job hunt, knowing the right people and knowing how to job hunt is everything.

arrangemonk
02-06-2008, 02:05 AM
hehe finding no job not only depends on your skills^^
i never had a job and thats because i didnt search, and because i live in a village on the border between germany and austria, means: i live in the middle of nowhere^^

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2008, 02:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.