PDA

View Full Version : Orienting an object as a particle (cars)

NewETown
02-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Hey everyone. I'm trying to make cars go along a street but I can't seem to get them to face the right direction. I am new to particles, only been messing with them for about 4 day, and I'm about three weeks into Max. Here is what I have so far, the triangles are going to be replaced with cars too, I just used them as placeholders.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k182/NewETown/carShot.jpg

I have messed with the "user defined" attribute but it doesn't seem to do anything, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Everett

Glacierise
02-07-2008, 05:49 PM
I assume you are using pflow? Use the rotation operator. It also has a 'speed space follow' feature that you might find handy ;)

NewETown
02-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Hey Glacierise thanks for the response, I was using a SuperSpray (because I didn't know any better). I spent yesterday and today learning PFlow and now everything's all happy and working! Pflow is scary at first, but really nice after you get into it.

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2008, 08:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.