PDA

View Full Version : brightness contrast, ameen nakasewee (2D)

ameeba
02-04-2008, 06:06 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/287307/287307_1202151964_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/287307/287307_1202151964_large.jpg)

Title: brightness contrast
Name: ameen nakasewee
Software: Photoshop

Hello,This is illustration from my short comic "brishtness contrast", the love story of the most lucky women and the most unlucky man in the world.comment are welcome.

DashCourageous
02-05-2008, 03:35 AM
I like the copper color of the male.

The font selection is spot on. :thumbsup:

There's a sense of ominous that comes from the color palette you've chosen which is visually pleasing.

His right eye could use some work, looks kinda smooshed against the ridge of his nose.

I like the subtle use of pink in the color of her blouse, keeping with the overall scheme of the piece.

You're very good at that, especially making sure there's variations of that color, like in the dirdork sign near her purse.

You might want to push her neck back just abit. It would give depth to her face more, pushing her face foward more.

Nice hair clip she has (if I'm not seeing things).
I like the veins in his hand clutching the crutches.

Solid image.

nekro
02-05-2008, 10:29 AM
really nice work!
great "brishtness & contrast" :thumbsup:

Artdragon
02-05-2008, 12:52 PM
It's looking really good! The contrast between the lucky one, surrounded by light, and the unlucky one, left in shadow, is striking. Yet you placed him closest to us, so the balance between the two is good. Nice background, too! It gives a very urban touch to the picture.

The only thing I'd like to point out, is that the woman's face seems too flat. Like DashCourageous said, you might also want to 'push her neck back' a bit.

SanKri
02-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Extremely KEWL! :]

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2008, 05:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.