PDA

View Full Version : TF2 CP map: cp_pool

s2k
02-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi there !

Just figured out how to import models to source. I like rats-maps, and was thinking about something new for TF2.. so thats my start:

new pics below..

There will be also a base for each team at each end of the table.
C&C is appreciated ;)

Dennis

s2k
02-05-2008, 01:13 AM
The main idea was some kind of standart rats-map for TF2. Some kind of room with all it`s traps and cute details. Then I just started on a Billiard table and even figured out how to import models into source. So for now the bit of the map which is already *finished* is pure costum-stuff *proud* ;)
Until today there was also a sky, but I think it looks cooler with a black backround, with just the two lights over the table (just as the real deal,).
I am planning to give each team a little base at each end of the table. On the battlefield all the props there will give you the chance to hide from the enemy.
Beside the Balls and the dices there will be also billiard cues, cigarette lighters , ashtrays, bottles, etc. If you got more ideas, please post em! I will definitely check each idea !

For now, I am not sure which kind of map it should be. Perhaps a sniper-*only* map ? Deathmatch? Also I am not sure what will happen if you jump in one of the six pockets (Perhaps some canals back to each base, but I think this will depend on the choosen map-type ..):)

C&C is welcomed and I appreciate every idea for the right map-type or for the props on the table! And sorry for my bad english :rolleyes: Thanks !!!

pics:
http://www.abload.de/img/pool1h91.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/pool2wux.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/pool3d9x.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/pool481d.jpg

kromano
02-05-2008, 03:47 AM
Haha, it's so simple and yet looks like it could be a decent break from normal objective-based play.

Perhaps make it into a king-of-the-hill map with the billiard rack in the center and a cap point on top, just to give a sense of purpose to the map. It's probably too open to be fair for engineers and their sentries, assuming one could live long enough to even build one.

Scattering all that junk on the table reminds me a lot of Katamari Damacy, rolling around on the tables, picking up all that stuff... (some day I will learn how to program well enough to make Katamari: Source)

Kirt
02-05-2008, 05:03 AM
I think this would be a good ctf push map. Where you have one neutral intel that either team can pick up and they would then have to run it towards the enemy's base to score a capture.

Ideas ... Build house(s) of cards for the players to hide in, climb over and dodge behind. You could have red and blue backed cards to identify the team bases. Use a pool cue as a character class filter of sorts. Scouts, Demos and Soldiers could get over the thicker parts of the cue easily. But the other classes might have to travel further to get to the area of the cue that they could jump over. Alternate route under the table? There are ball paths that direct from the pocket to a holding area on one side of a pool table. Maybe you could work this into the map somehow. Needs more light. kromano is saying, "God where have I heard that before?!" :D But seriously, I think it's too dark right now to be an enjoyable map.When you get a playable beta, let me know. We can play test it for you on the CGS TF2 server. :thumbsup:

Quokimbo
02-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Wow I really dig this, and I need a computer that can handle newer games. I think i could definitely get into mods.

I like this idea, card houses would be kind of neat, you could also try beer bottles? maybe (trying to think of whats in a pool hall lol) beer cans, maybe your the bottle lids as just more little obstacles on the ground?

Neat idea.

kromano
02-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Wow I really dig this, and I need a computer that can handle newer games. I think i could definitely get into mods.

I like this idea, card houses would be kind of neat, you could also try beer bottles? maybe (trying to think of whats in a pool hall lol) beer cans, maybe your the bottle lids as just more little obstacles on the ground?

Neat idea.

Objects that might be left in a well-used pool room:
Cards, Pool Balls, Pool Cues, Chalk, Cans, Bottles, Cigarette Butts, Ashes, Scorch Marks, Ashtray, Keys, Money, Coins, Books, Papers... all kinds of junk... Candies, Candy Wrappers...

The list of potential oversized novelty props is endless.

Quokimbo
02-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Objects that might be left in a well-used pool room:
Cards, Pool Balls, Pool Cues, Chalk, Cans, Bottles, Cigarette Butts, Ashes, Scorch Marks, Ashtray, Keys, Money, Coins, Books, Papers... all kinds of junk... Candies, Candy Wrappers...

The list of potential oversized novelty props is endless.

a jar of peanuts!!! You have to have a big jar of peanuts cashews or something like that right in the middle lol...

olivierc
02-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Booo, you play sniper and engineer, the two classes for puss. Go pyro!

Well the big problem with you map it that it's all flat (which is pretty much the point of a pool, I agree). It must be boring really quick

Kirt's ideas are pretty good

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2008, 07:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.