PDA

View Full Version : Tree view controls....

apocalypse2012
02-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I have an old script I wrote a long time ago that uses the active x tree view. Now I am trying to update it to 3dsmax 9. Its choking on the treeview control. It turns out that none of the following are registered on my machine…

“Microsoft TreeView Control 6.0 (SP4)”
“MSComctlLib.TreeCtrl.2”
“{C74190B6-8589-11D1-B16A-00C0F0283628}”

What happened to it? Where can I get it? What is supposed to be replacing it? I don’t want to go to dot net with this. That is a much bigger change than I want to make…

RustyKnight
02-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi apoc!

I assume from what you've said, that you've upgraded to x64 bit windows (or a newer version then XP)...

ActiveX is been phased out by microsoft and thus is generally no longer supported, particularly by the x64 brand of software (like max9 x64).

You'll need to move over to the new spanky and shiny dotnet library.

If you have read through the maxscript docs, Bobo has done some great work on converting from activex to dotnet.

You will also want to check "Autodesk\3ds Max 9\stdplugs\stdscripts\NET_TreeViewWrapper.ms"

It's a great wrapper

Shane

Tesctassa
02-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Check also the tutorial into the MaxScript help "Converting ActiveX TreeView Control to DotNet TreeView Control". It may help in the transition ;)

Regards,
Adriano

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2008, 10:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.