PDA

View Full Version : Toys at night

ilm4e
02-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Hello to all I'm a new user here and especially a new commer to the character modeling and rigging section. I can easily model cars to a high standard but never attempted any character modeling.

I'm here to seek your help and I really hope i get so many replies so i can get all the help i need. In 7 months i have to hand in a project for my major project assignment of my final year at year 12 to finalize my final marks.

What i have in mind is creating a short animation using 3dmax, and this is my story line,

A little boy's toys come to life after the little boy goes to bed at night. All the toys party through out the night and have a good time, but when morning approaches they all play dead and act like normal toys awaiting the night again.

I seek your help in just filling me in with how i should approach the animation, what type of animation is best suited for this kind of work, how do i rig all of my characters, and is there an easier way to animate rather than frame by frame. I'm trying to achieve a similar result to the toy story movie with buzz lighteer and stuff.

i really need all the help i can get to start this project asap because my deadline is 7 months and i really have to get a move on and start the modeling process.

I really appreciate the help any of you guys offer me and im looking forward to your replies.

TheNeverman
02-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but wasn't the point of taking your class to learn how to do all this stuff?

It just seems a bit weird that an instructor would give this as 'homework' and not teach you the tools to do it... At any rate, the 'search' function here at CGTalk will lead you to many of the answers you seek...

Capel
02-08-2008, 10:35 PM
umm, buy a book? google online tutorials? but some gnomon dvd's? any of those are better than starting a thread to learn how to model, rig, texture, animate, light, render and composite a short film.

i will say this, though... you've got a lot of work ahead of you. that's a pretty hefty assignment.

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2008, 10:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.