PDA

View Full Version : maxscript DropDowns: how to put label to left instead of above

Jon-Huhn
02-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Wasn't there a way to make the label on a maxscript DropDown appear to the left of the dropdown instead of above it? I can't seem to find how to do that.

Bobo
02-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Wasn't there a way to make the label on a maxscript DropDown appear to the left of the dropdown instead of above it? I can't seem to find how to do that.

Nope.
The obvious workaround is to ommit the label and add a label control to the left of the drop-down list yourself:

label lbl_Label01 "This is a left label" across:2 align:#left
dropdownlist ddl_List01 items:("Look At Me, My Label Is To The Left!","Big Deal") align:#right

You might have to play with width and offset parameters to make it look perfect, but that's how I do it when I need a left label...

Jon-Huhn
02-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Darn, I was affraid I'd have to resort to that. Messy, messy, mesy....

Thanks so much!

Jon-Huhn
02-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Ah, I see what I was thinking of. The EditText maxscript control has a .labelOnTop property that allows the programmer to keep the label to the left or put it on top.

Bobo
02-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Ah, I see what I was thinking of. The EditText maxscript control has a .labelOnTop property that allows the programmer to keep the label to the left or put it on top.

Yep, it was added "recently" - in Max 7 (how time flies!).
I actually checked the docs myself to make sure I have not missed a parameter when I first answered, I had the same feeling there was some option, but it turned out to be for the edittext... So you are not alone. :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2008, 09:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.