PDA

View Full Version : Get acces to macroscripts

JHN
02-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Is there anyway to get the properties of macroscripts in max?

I would like to build a menu with all macroscript from a certain categorie. Ideally I would check for a categorie and get the names.. that way I can build a menu easily. But I don't see no way to get acces to the macros?

There is "macros.list()" which will print all macros to the listener, I could get that text and search through it, but it seems slow... Is there anyway to search through the macroscripts without using brute force?

-Johan

PEN
02-01-2008, 02:47 PM
You can probably use that command but put it to a stringStream then read and parse it. still not ideal but should work. Parsing it will be the hassle as it isnt comma seperated but space seperated.

PEN
02-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Close...

macroStream="" as stringStream
macros.list to:macroStream

seek macroStream 0

num=1
clearListener()
while not eOf macroStream do
(
str=(readLine macroStream) as stringStream
while not eOf str do
(
itemStr=(readDelimitedString str "\"") as stringStream
itemStr=trimLeft itemStr " "
itemStr=trimRight itemStr " "
print itemStr
)
num+=1
if num>1 then exit
)

PEN
02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
I think that it is still missing some.

macroStream="" as stringStream
macros.list to:macroStream

struct macroSt (id,name,category,location)
macrosAr=#()

seek macroStream 0

num=1
clearListener()
while not eOf macroStream do
(
str=(readLine macroStream) as stringStream
ms=macroSt()
ms.id=item=trimRight (trimLeft ((readDelimitedString str "\"") as stringStream) " ") " "
ms.name=item=trimRight (trimLeft ((readDelimitedString str "\"") as stringStream) " ") " "
item=((readDelimitedString str "\"") as stringStream)
ms.category=item=trimRight (trimLeft ((readDelimitedString str "\"") as stringStream) " ") " "
item=((readDelimitedString str "\"")as stringStream)
ms.location=item=trimRight (trimLeft ((readDelimitedString str "\"") as stringStream) " ") " "
append macrosAr ms

-- num+=1
-- if num>1 then exit
)

print macrosAr

PEN
02-01-2008, 04:34 PM
I see where it is failing. I have macros where I called them "\"M\" Group"

If is causing a problem with the way I'm sorting the information.

JHN
02-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Funny thing I tried sort a similar approach but couldn't get the output of macros.list anywhere other than in the listener... I'll work on this! It should only run once on startup so maybe it's not a big performance hit...

Thanks for this! Hopefully some new functionality is added to the macros struct for accessing macroscripts.

-Johan

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2008, 06:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.