PDA

View Full Version : Reload script folder/script files without reload maya

ghostlake114
02-01-2008, 10:00 AM
I am writing an Atribute Template for a shader and it s really waste of time if I need to see update of script in Maya, I must close Maya restart it to reread script folder

How could Maya re-read script folder, .mel file when running so I could make work faster

Thanks for any help

GennadiyKorol
02-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Just resource it. You might drag drop the script file into Maya, or create a shel button with something like:

source "C:/folder/awesome.mel";

And click it every time you want to update it.

shinyprem
02-01-2008, 02:33 PM
HI...!

Just create userSetup.mel having (source "C:/folder/awesome.mel";) and put it in the default script folder.

Rgds,

Buexe
02-01-2008, 02:50 PM
I would also like to know if that is possible to update the AETemplate, because in my experience sourcing the AEtemplate script is not enough to see your changes reflected in the Attribute Editor.

ghostlake114
02-01-2008, 04:47 PM
I would also like to know if that is possible to update the AETemplate, because in my experience sourcing the AEtemplate script is not enough to see your changes reflected in the Attribute Editor.
That s what I am writing, an AETemplate and restart maya times by times is a night mare. source do nothing with AETemplate

Norb
02-01-2008, 05:01 PM
also, you could use 'rehash'

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2008, 05:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.