PDA

View Full Version : create mentalray framebuffer from mel

ghostlake114
02-01-2008, 05:52 AM
I have make search but there are no answer in cgtalk about it, and maya script editor dont out put any info. So, How could we create mentalray framebuffer from mel, control its attribute.

THanks for any helps

kjaft
02-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Did you turn on "Echo all commands" in the Attribute Editor? That finally prints out lot of stuff, most unimportant. It shows, that all the creation and stuff is done by the miDefaultOptions' AEtemplate Script. The initial command is AEmrUserBuffersAppend miDefaultOptions.frameBufferListthis alone seems to work, allthough you probably wanna fiddle out what that proc really does internally (its in the file AEmentalrayUserBuffers.mel).

Another thought - why not just do it all yourself: simply create the node (type mentalrayUserBuffer), set the .dataType attribute and connect it to the miDefaultOptions node.

ghostlake114
02-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Tks alot, I miss that check, now I could trace all command :), get create framebuffer now

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2008, 09:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.