PDA

View Full Version : Nondestructive transformations in MAXScript?

lehthanis
02-01-2008, 03:43 AM
Hi all, me again...the exporter guy...almost done with this thing really...

I'm using Bobo's suggested selected object loop, and one thing that has always plagued me with x-plane versus max is the difference in unit scale and axis orientation.

If i use Max's units and axis orientation, my objects come out too large and in the wrong direction...so what I need to do is scale the object down to 2.54% of its original size using world 0,0,0 as the pivot, and then rotate -90 on the X axis using world 0,0,0 as the pivot...

The catch is...I would like for this to be non-destructive...When the export is done, the model is the same as before the scale and rotate...Since I'm grabbing the objects and turning them into a tmesh, can I perform the scale and rotate on the tmesh object in memory before grabbing the coordinates and stuff?

lehthanis
02-01-2008, 06:22 PM
I got this to work...unless there's something specific I should keep in mind after performing a scale and a rotate on a snapshotAsMesh object I'm callingn this working.

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2008, 06:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.