PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel Intro

veedo
01-31-2008, 08:01 PM
I didn't really know where to put this, but since it has some :p animation, i'll put it in here...

The concept is that you're looking at a piece of paper on a drafting desk at a shallow angle with my name on top of the paper like a ruler.

Then a drafting line gets drawn under it and then lines get drawn at a higher frequency till all the lines are drawn... then the camera pans up to reveal my school's logo greekified, the draft lines making the "construction"

here is my rough draft, just to show my idea :)

WIP 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=B-0YmZMMecc
WIP 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=gxiPznsVWcQ

NilsLS
01-31-2008, 08:13 PM
Cool man, i think your name dissapears too quickly, it's tough to read when it's laid down and its only up for like a second before it gets wiped

Also, maybe change the colour of the black background when you're done, makes it feel like its kinda floating in space.

cool idea! the logo appearing out of the lines is pretty sweet

JYoung
01-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Do you have to include your school's logo? I wouldn't spend too much time on it, since you'll probably want to take it out of the reel you send to employers.

veedo
01-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Cool man, i think your name dissapears too quickly, it's tough to read when it's laid down and its only up for like a second before it gets wiped

Also, maybe change the colour of the black background when you're done, makes it feel like its kinda floating in space.

cool idea! the logo appearing out of the lines is pretty sweet

yeah, i plan on making the black background a draft table and a little bit of room, this is just a rough draft...
i'll change length the time that the name stays up, i notice it as plain as day now XD
thanks for the comment :)

yes Yungimoto, i have to add the school's logo :p
i don't remember the reason why, but i think it's when i entered the school and I gave them rights to display my work for advertisement purposes

veedo
01-31-2008, 10:01 PM
there, Updated the video to delay where my name Pops up more
it's still a little short, but my name will be on nearly everything, so it probably won't be a big issue

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gxiPznsVWcQ

GstylezProdigy
02-04-2008, 06:42 PM
You should change the background to white or something else...the plane black just looks corny for some reason

veedo
02-04-2008, 07:50 PM
yeah, i plan on making the black background a draft table and a little bit of room, this is just a rough draft...
i'll change length the time that the name stays up, i notice it as plain as day now XD
thanks for the comment :)

yes Yungimoto, i have to add the school's logo :p
i don't remember the reason why, but i think it's when i entered the school and I gave them rights to display my work for advertisement purposes

already said what i was going to do :p

GstylezProdigy
02-04-2008, 08:04 PM
lol whoops!

veedo
02-04-2008, 10:52 PM
no problem ^^ will be posting that up within this or next week *head spins*
so many 3D projects going on all at once XD

Tad Ghostal
02-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Your name seems to come to a sudden stop, it should probably ease into position more and hold on it longer.

I agree that I wouldn't spend too much time putting the school's logo in there, you should probably take it out before you send it to people. I'd be afraid a potential employer would see it and prepare themselves to see a crappy student reel that screams inexperience.

Personally I think reels with fancy animation on your name is a waste of time anyways when people just want to see your models or characater animation. I've never called someone over to my computer to see someones flaming name fly onto the screen.

That's my two cents.

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2008, 03:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.