PDA

View Full Version : How to access seam edges in the Unwrap editor?

scrimski
01-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone,

I need to acces the edges of unwrapped clusters, just like the border sub object mode in editable poly/edit poly, but fpor the unwrap modifier.

have't found anything in the help file, so my question: is it possible at all, and if so, how?

Any pointers in the right direction welcome.

Thanks in advance

sc

scrimski
02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
No one? Is it possible at all?

Trying a different approach now: Since I'm able to select an element subject in an edtable poly or editable mesh, I transfered the mapping data to geometry using the channel info utility and copy/paste map channel info to gemetry channel info.

But no luck, stuck again.
It's not possible to select elements via maxScript. I can select them manually, but I only get an array of polygons, no the element itself.

Am I missing something? Could really need a helping hand or some insight.

sc

edit: forgot the script

if selection.count !=0 then
(
if superclassOf $ == GeometryClass then
(
maxOps.cloneNodes $ cloneType:#copy actualNodeList:&anl newNodes:&nnl
oldSel = anl[1]
newSel = nnl[1]
select newSel
newSel.name = (((oldSel.name) +("_clone"))as string)
max hide inv
newSel.position = [0,0,0]
max zoomext sel
)
)
else messagebox "Select something!"

channelinfo.copychannel newSel 3 1
channelInfo.PasteChannel newSel 1 0
channelInfo.NameChannel newSel 1 0 "uvw to geometry"
max zoomext sel
convertToMesh newSel
convertTo newSel (Editable_Poly)

scrimski
02-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Ok, solved that and found out that it was unnecessary as I didn't needed it to automate the process described here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=4876211&postcount=41).

Quite done yet.

drdubosc
02-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Ok, solved that and found out that it was unnecessary as I didn't needed it to automate the process described here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=4876211&postcount=41). Quite done yet.

I've been lurking on this lonely thread of yours, and if you have solved it, would like to know how, when you're done! Closest I got was the splitMeshByUVElements example script...

scrimski
02-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Of course. Will put it online on scriptspot when done.
I'm still dealing with some problems.

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2008, 06:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.