PDA

View Full Version : medieval warrior for game

DiegoFloor
01-31-2008, 03:21 PM
hi there!
I made this for a game project, the texture isn't complete yet, but i'm staring at this guy for so long I don't know if it looks good!
the texture parts that aren't finished yet are the hands, bracers and boots (sort of)
I did some modeling for games before, but never for games that doesn't have normal map! wich requires a lot more texturing skills.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/669/wip7wa0.jpg
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/6089/wip8ml9.jpg

Svenart
01-31-2008, 03:53 PM
hey Diego,

all in al it looks ok for me, but if you want critics I would suggest this:

1. The arms look a little bit to much like tubes. maybe you can bring out the elbow more and the underarmmuskles and shoulders.

2. The body looks a little bit to thin if you comparse it to the head.

3. Maybe the arms are a little bit too long, but Im not sure about this.

DiegoFloor
01-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi Svenart,
I was more worried about the textures, but I greatly apreciate your critiques. I'm going to tweak the arms, specially.
Also, I'm a little relieved nothing in the textures urged your attention. :)

veedo
01-31-2008, 08:57 PM
i would say that your head is a tad bit wierd along with what the previous post said
it's either the texture or the mesh, but it looks like your character has almost no chin and his head is too short.
other than that, it looks good for being a game character.

as for the textures, they're a bit too pristine... especially for game characters, you don't want their clothing/skin to be perfect, but especially the clothing
+ the kneck opening on the vest/jacket/shirt is way too small, he would never be able to get it off.

DiegoFloor
01-31-2008, 09:27 PM
thanks Veedo!
yeah... I think you nailed exactly what was really bothering me. the texture need some sort of dirt. and unfortunately think it needs some remodeling to fix that vest thing :(
As an alternative, I could paint a 'strap like thingie' on his shoulder, so he doest need to stick his head through the hole to put his vest on.

about his chin, the model looks a little 'chinless', but not in a unhuman way. but maybe his beard and some lack of shadow painted are enhancing the 'chinless effect'.
side view:
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3877/wip9qt8.jpg

veedo
01-31-2008, 10:21 PM
the head is too narrow still, contributing to the chinlessness of it
took your picture and smudged it to what i mean, your head being on the left and the smudged one on the right:

see how the head is wider there, but the neck is still in the same place
the face just needs to be moved forward a bit (as well as the ear with it)

the picture is exagerated a little bit, so just look at some heads from the side and you'll see what i mean

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2008, 10:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.