PDA

View Full Version : Motion dynamics

borisgoreta2000
01-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Here is a simple scene with a chain of bones driven by motion dynamics. How can I make bones target each other to form a rope ? I know this can be done easy way, no expressions.

Boris

Ulven
01-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Well I don't know so much about the motion dynamics but both muscle bones and flexmotion will do the trick. Looks like the springs only affect position.

MikeBuckland
01-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey Boris!
How are you doing?
Ulven is right, you should just replace your bone hierarchy with nulls, then parent a muscle bone to each one, and each muscle bone must target the next null in the chain.
Cheers,
Mike

borisgoreta2000
01-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the tips but I am allways for the simplest of solutions. What the heck does rotation stands for under the springs tab (see attached image) ?

Hi Mike, please PM me with your working e-mail address, I want to send you some cute pics of my baby. I simply have to !

Cheers ! :)

Ulven
01-31-2008, 07:32 PM
Ok.... now this is about the most obscure thing I've ever seen..
Ok, Click your MotionDynamics and click on the springs tab.
Go through and uncheck X and Y pos on each bone.
Watch in awe as all of a sudden the thing rotates instead of moving into position.
Errrrr. Just don't ask me why.

kursad_pileksuz
02-01-2008, 03:30 AM
By default, translation is enabled for all bones. Select all the bones under springs window and click translation off. That disables translation. Afterwards bones should just have rotation.

MikeBuckland
02-01-2008, 06:06 AM
That's cool! I didnt know that.

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2008, 06:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.