PDA

View Full Version : Dialogue Animation WIP

Oscar63
01-31-2008, 02:56 AM
Hey, anyone want to give me some crits on this animation I've been working on?

Cheers people!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=deCvSAPcFGc

NilsLS
01-31-2008, 05:08 AM
Hey Oscar,

Lookin cool dude. I think you might have a few too many ideas going on here, There's alot of poses and he looks a bit like he's floppin around like a fish out of water!

Try to drop a few of the poses on the doctor, especially in the hands, try when he says "can't you take a guess" to hold that hand pose out until "you can't take a guess..".

Vary some of your timing, they seem to go into each pose at the same speed, have a few slower poses in there with some nice settles and i think it will help it alot. Alot fo his poses are very similar as well, try to vary that a bit too remember your line of action and try to reverse it a bit (don't go too crazy!). Also, carefull about your about your antics and overshoots, you're giving an overshoot on every pose it looks like and that gives it a real wiggly feeling. Try to really choose what gets an overshoot, save it for bigger motions and hands etc.

It might be nice to shift the doctors weight over and replant his foot, right now it look a bit like he's glued to the floor.

When the doctor walks into the room his feet are sliding along the floor, feels like it needs to lift up a little at least

The facial acting is working pretty well i think there's a few frames here and ther ein the eyes where they die a bit, hopefully if you simplify the posing a little bit the head won't be bobbin around so much and you can fix that fairly easily. Careful of symetry in the face however, especially with the brows.

Try to get some arcs goin on with your breakdowns when the characters turn their heads, it's ncie to have a bit of a dip in there.

With your framing, theres some blank space on the left that doesn't need to be shown, try and get the characters heads in the top thirds.

There's some some nice moments in here, i like the "well, not for another two hours" part. Start cleanin up some poses and polish off the animation and this should be a nice piece man!

Oscar63
01-31-2008, 06:03 AM
Wow that was quick, thanks for the extensive critique NilsLS, I really appreciate you taking the time to post all that! I'll get onto the stuff you mentioned and post an update soon. Cheers again, man!

Oscar63
02-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey so I've worked on this animation a bit more, keen to hear what people think so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBFo9mZjHH4

Cheers all!

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2008, 12:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.