PDA

View Full Version : Combustion 2008 Crashes

kattkieru
01-31-2008, 12:44 AM
Heya all,

I'm new to Combustion -- just got my copy activated today. I'm trying to run through the tutorial (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=5583930) that's on the Autodesk site. I load in the 60-frame animation just fine, but when I try to switch to schematic view it crashes every time.

Autodesk's site is pretty awful, which is why I came here. Anyone else experiencing this, and has anyone found a workaround or a cause? I'm on a Macbook Pro Santa Rosa with a GeForce 8600M GT video card, OS X 10.4.11.

Thanks in advance.

teahtime
02-04-2008, 10:35 AM
I got so fed up I movied to Nuke right after I got certificated training at an Autodesk reseller. If you just purchased it you should have your years maintenance for support with direct access to the customer portal or your reseller.

I have never had any problems with Combustion 4 on Tiger and Panther.

Have you tried executing the binary in the .app? Maybe as root?

PiXeL_MoNKeY
02-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Instead of loading the workspace create a neww solid, composite, anything that creates a workspace. Now import the crashing workspace into this one. Sometimes workspaces can get corrupt, importing the workspace can help it rebuild any bad info.

-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2008, 08:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.