PDA

View Full Version : human to car collision

ramiro
04-28-2003, 10:07 PM
Hi,
Im a newbie to maya, and im already aiming high, so heres the question.
Im trying to "recreate" a car accident, where the car is hitting a man walking in the street. In the beginning I tried a combination of soft/rigid bodies(soft for human, rigid car), but of course the human was too elastic and "fluid" resembling everything but a human body. If I put a skeleton inside the body, thus informing maya where it can be bent, and then make it soft, will it work?
Thanks
Petros

gmask
04-29-2003, 06:58 PM
BAsically I think the objects that are colliding will be rigid bodies.. then maybe you might make the flesh a softbody but with a very high amount of attraction to the original shape so that it deforms and follows the joints.

Nicool
04-30-2003, 07:56 AM
It makes me feel of the character falls in Ureal2003 :wavey:

alesmav
05-02-2003, 10:04 AM
I would try the following. At the exact moment that a character is hit, I would drive all the bones during a car hit only with dinamic constrains and rigid body collisions. First create polygon box around each bone and scale it to match the volume of the body. These poly boxes with properly set hinge constrains all connected to the bones that drive the body deformation should do the job quite good i suppose (no rubber deformation).
This is just a tip for a direction you should try.

Post if it is of any help to you.

ALES

ramiro
05-07-2003, 07:08 PM
As I told you Im very new to the 3d world, so your answers sound a bit chinese to me, but i will find the way through eventually. gmask, I rigged my character and tried to convert it to a rigid body but i get an error message(stupidly enough, i didnt open the script editor to see why). anyway, thanks for the replies, ill post my results in a week or so(itll propably take longer).
petros

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.