PDA

View Full Version : New Character Switcher Script and Request

MikeBuckland
01-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi -
heres a free script of Ulven's that I butchered - I hope he doesnt mind.
Its a variation of the Character Switcher offer, that has the option to switch off more than one mesh because sometimes your character has more than one mesh - eg eyes, or hat etc.
It also switches off Bone Deformer and SuperBlender and you could modify it to switch off any deformer you want really, you just have to change the script slightly - if I could do it anyone can!
You will need Mark Wilson's excellent MW_ SetDisplay.mp installed for it to work properly, which is included in the zip.

Also - a request - would anyone like to write a plugin that will switch all keys to different modes? I know you can toggle Flat keys on and off, but it would be great to be able to switch them all to linear, for example. This would be very handy for approvals stages in animating shots.

kungfudork
02-06-2008, 08:25 PM
as for the keys. ulven has already written such a script and i've heard it is testing out prettywell. you can set all your keys to any interpolation at once.

MikeBuckland
02-07-2008, 04:11 AM
I have Ulven's keying script, but what I am looking for is something that will toggle all keys for all objects in the scene - just like when you set the Scene Keys Flat option.
I would like to be able to set all scene keys to Linear as well.
The reason is I want to follow the process of setting key poses in Scene keys flat, then switching to linear keys to figure out transitions before moving on to TCB curves for final animation.
Its not a desperately needed thing - just would be nice

kungfudork
02-07-2008, 12:57 PM
that is what i'm talking about. he has already developed that. MyFault tested it and said it works great. we just need to wait for it.....hehe.

My Fault
02-07-2008, 05:58 PM
No, Mike is correct, it doesn't globally change all the keys, just what you have selected. It's a great script that I am sure will only get better. Ulven is da man!

lanosrep1
02-07-2008, 08:58 PM
You guys get to have all the fun!!

No, Mike is correct, it doesn't globally change all the keys, just what you have selected. It's a great script that I am sure will only get better. Ulven is da man!

kungfudork
02-07-2008, 09:35 PM
sorry mike. brian lied to me! hehehehehehehehehe. :D

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2008, 09:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.