PDA

View Full Version : texture/light/render - character & environment - Kaiskai

LucentDreams
04-16-2002, 12:16 PM
Well thjis is my first time in the challenges, and I think I may try for both as I have some time this month, and While I want to do the 3D one the 2D will be helpful for working on some stuff for my final FIlm at VFS.

The image isn't my entry but the sort of style I will probably do, maybe a little more painting for the background or possibly a graphic style city design as both apply to my final film. The character model has changed a bit and the perspective and volume in this image is all wrong his left arm is larger than his right, what was I thinking???:shrug:

http://www.lda.artshost.com/gorilla.jpg

can't figure out what is wrong with my code but the image should post here but its not. anyways if you click the link and it doesn't load click in the address bar and hit enter.

Dr.Jones
04-16-2002, 04:37 PM
The link doesn't work with me

Korgath
04-16-2002, 06:15 PM
Not for me, neither... :(

LucentDreams
04-16-2002, 08:32 PM
and you both tried hitting enter on the address in the address bar after it didn't load ? Try copying and pasting, thisis weird that it doesn't work at al. Still I wish they could set it up like the 3D sectrion where the image is loaded up in the post itself.

puddlefish
04-16-2002, 08:56 PM
You can set it up just like the 3D section. Just attach your file as normal. Worked for me!

DigitalSkorpyon
04-16-2002, 11:36 PM
Looks good. I was able to just hit enter in the address bar as you said and it worked fine. Only crit I have is the meshing between him and the background. It seems that they don't belong together. Now you may have plans that I don't know about... just thought I'd put in my 2 cents. Very cool character. Like the gorilla and the cell shade look. Might need a bit more detail to draw him out of being so solid. Keep up the good work man.

-Grant:D

chi
04-18-2002, 12:20 AM
thats some smooth shit guy

Sangotten
04-30-2002, 03:17 PM
Update!!! update!!!

come on show us.....:wip:

LucentDreams
04-30-2002, 08:19 PM
GAAAAAAAAAARGH, sorry I have been busy with martin's tiger and getting final film together. I hope to have something son, at least the drawing finished but not sure I will get anything done sorry. I am doing a stupid talk cycle and getting final film goin so therer is so little time to draw something original.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.