PDA

View Full Version : Rigging Dilemma

dragonfollower
04-28-2003, 08:53 PM
OK, so I'm trying to get a character to walk from point A to point B and I need some advice on how to set up a rig that would enable me to do this. I've tried parenting everything to a null, but when I then move the null, it twists and distorts the mesh/rig in wierd, messed up ways. I'm just wondering if people could give me some tips on how to setup a rig that could do this. I'm kinda desperate, as I have a deadline looming ever nearer so any help is greatly appreciated!

-Brian

Kricket
04-29-2003, 12:04 AM
I had this exact same problem, this is how you can fix it.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pmGmessiah/message/26025

Basically, hit F5. double click on the Coordsys script. On the lower right of your viewport some new buttons will pop up, hit the "W".

With that you can parent stuff to other things and they wont go wacko when you move em.

You have to do that every time you run Messiah tho.. cant figure out how to get it to make that default.

dragonfollower
04-29-2003, 07:27 PM
Hey.......Thanks!

-Brian

JoeCosman
04-30-2003, 04:03 AM
you can bind that script to a key, if you use it alot.

go to Customize->modules block, and select Key Commands in the pull-down menu.

select General from the Class pulldown menu.

from there, type the name of your command(your own label) into the Name Field, then the name of the script(Coordsys) into the Command Field.

Click the add button to the right of the Command field to add your command to the list.

highlight your command in the left side, then the key you want to bind it to on the right side.

click on the Assign Command button at the bottom, and you're all set.

hope this helps.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.