PDA

View Full Version : Add Full body IK error, input connections..

haakonG
01-29-2008, 06:06 PM
When i press "add full body IK" I get the following error message:"// Error: Cannot add full body ik because some joints have input connections. Inputs found on:"
This is followed by a list of joints that supposedly have input connections. I selected all the joints in my skeleton with 'select -hi', and created a new hypergraph panel showing only input connections. The only inputs I found apart from the joints themselves, was driven keys on the thumbs and knee joints, I had the x- axis drive the z-axis on those joints. I deleted those nodes so that there were no input connections in the skeleton, and tried pushing "add full body IK" again. Guess what, it didn't work! This makes no sense, as I have no input connections.
I do have corrective blendshapes with keys driven by joints, but that's not input connections right? But the only joints mentioned in the error message are those that drive blendshapes.. I also have wires and eyes parent constrained to joints, but those are not input connections either. Or are they?

Obviously I'm very ignorant of something. Any input is welcome(no pun intended)

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2008, 06:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.