PDA

View Full Version : Keyfader

THUR
01-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi,

Does anyone has a 'keyfader alike' plugin/script that fades the wanted Bone/object + all its descendents? ( without having to add each object seperatly in the expression )
It would be very helpfull

Thx,
Joeri

Ulven
01-29-2008, 04:24 PM
I don't think one exists but I think I can make one for you.

THUR
01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
I would be very greatfull :)
I am rigging a seagull 4 the first episode and need something like that for the wings, to blend them in and out of the cyclebranch as they float into the wind. Normally I put the bones in several keyfader expresions but that always takes up a lot of time + this time I'm talking feathers here so ..
If its not to much trouble?

THx a lot,
Joeri

kursad_pileksuz
01-29-2008, 04:45 PM
There is objlib.msa under scripts directory. First function will iterate through parent and descendants. You can directly call that in the script editor. Read the help lines in the script, very easy to use.

Ulven
01-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Well that took a bit longer than I expected :) I kept looking for a function argument to bring up the list of channel selections, but I still don't know where it is. What this means is that you have to use a number to select which channel to perform the keyfader on. I included in the description a few useful numbers above the classic 0 for xpos, 1 for ypos etc, so you can still do all position, rotation or motion type channels. It may not be as pretty as it should be but it works :) :wip: In the last argument you use the classic [Slider:xpos] type of thing to fade the effect.

http://www.usefulslug.com/downloads.html

kursad_pileksuz
01-30-2008, 02:08 AM
Hey Ulven thankls for the script. That is a nice addition really.

MikeBuckland
01-30-2008, 04:26 AM
ooh! please can I have a copy of your script too?
I'm just rigging a character now that could really use this.
I can't seem to see it on your downloads page

Geco
01-30-2008, 04:32 AM
ooh! please can I have a copy of your script too?
I'm just rigging a character now that could really use this.
I can't seem to see it on your downloads page
http://www.usefulslug.com/files/KeyFaderBranch.mp :)

THUR
01-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Many thanks Ulven
you're a life saver :)

Joeri

MikeBuckland
01-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Thank you Ulven - you rock!

Ulven
01-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks guys. This gave me some ideas for other functions, I'll try and see if I can build on them later.

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2008, 02:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.