PDA

View Full Version : 3 Locaters following eachother?

Wiz
01-26-2008, 11:30 PM
hello :)

I have a small question it's about a soloution to a problem iv'e been looking for.
what I am tyring to do is to create a setup for my hand so that I can give the Ik hand animaton ctrl the ability to be at a world space of say the head/shldrs/hips etc..

I have found the way to this is pretty simply just a simple multiconstraint soloution..
now the problem is snapping between 1 status to another.. I have found the logical soloution to it but dont know how to execute this. What I think I need to do is make 3 locaters (for each space..) these will be parented to each body part (i.e shldr, hips head..) and what I want to do is if I am on Shldr mode each locaters follow shldr.. when I Switch to Head they stick to the same place only now the Head is the parent of all 3..

I have tried creating a 3 way constraint system but It's problemtic because I get a cycle issue.. :( I was wondering if anyone has any Idea i'd love to hear it.. thanks :D

Xeash
01-27-2008, 07:11 AM
HI... I heard about it...Dynamic parenting. :)
I don't think that way to solve this problem in dynamic changing of constraints' weight( it's too simple)
I recommend you to research character rigs which had this feature already...for example Andy Rig by John Doublestein his site (http://www.johndoublestein.com)
P.S. Sorry for my english :)

Wiz
01-27-2008, 09:33 AM
well wow!
that script works flawlessly
simply select my Ikhand as the child
pick head/shldr/knee/hips etc as parent also add world as parent (thats like nothing I guess..)

and bam works! awesome.

Geuse
01-28-2008, 06:55 AM
wow. awesome!
gotta get this one. how is it done. anyone who knows. been wondering of a solution like this myself.

CGTalk Moderation
01-28-2008, 06:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.