PDA

View Full Version : Run-Jump-Grab

John-Bellamy
01-26-2008, 02:15 AM
I've recently started to get my portfolio inline to start applying for jobs in both the games and animation industries. This is part of my game animation section, been working on it for most of the day and its got to the point where i need to step back and hopefully get some feedback from people. So any C&C wud be great:)

Run Jump Grab (http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj180/johnnyboy2008_2008/?action=view&current=RunJumpGrab.flv)

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj180/johnnyboy2008_2008/?action=view&current=RunJumpGrab.flv

John-Bellamy
01-26-2008, 09:54 AM
any critique's?

CryoTwin
01-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Looks good, nice pause when he first grabs the rail and pulls himself up.

However there isn't much feel of weight, once he jumps he suddenly looses horizontal momentum and it looks a little "floaty". A big guy like him at that speed would more likely slam into the rail. Try to keep the speed that he has between each step, the same for when he leaves the ground for the jump.

This is a good start. try to remember he looks like a strong guy and would carry his weight in his movements.

Watch some Parkour or FreeRunning Videos. Those guys always are running and jumping on railings in urban environments plus they're fun to watch :)

post progress.

John-Bellamy
01-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks cryo, i shall try to add more weight into it and repost.

LiannaS
01-29-2008, 10:22 PM
good poses but your timing needs a little work. The run and jump should be sped up quite a bit to give emphasis to the jump/grab. Also, it seems like you have some dead keys near the end where his arms are swinging. Keep in mind the way your body moves, if your arm moves it means that the body and shoulder have to drive it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2008, 10:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.