PDA

View Full Version : older video cards and stability?

Andy741
04-27-2003, 11:12 PM
Does motion builder work well with older video cards like an ati rage? They say on their site that it's real time, but I'm wondering if I could do a simple character in realtime on my old video card.

And how stable is the program? I'd be coming from Animation Master so I would love to have something really stable and speedy for my old system.

here's my website: www.trianglenet.net/~aumann

CurtisG
04-28-2003, 04:41 AM
Hi Andy741,

Motionbuilder is not certified to run with older video cards, such as the ATI Rage. That being said, it *SHOULD* run with any OpenGL accelerated video card, with proper drivers. Stabalility shouldn't be an issue, but speed will be. Older video cards just don't have the power to keep up with complex characters, so you will have to keep your scenes/characters quite simple, and low poly.

But again, as it's not a certified video adapter, we cannot guarentee the performance or stability of Motionbuilder.

Good luck! ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.