PDA

View Full Version : Where are the polys?

bzouchir
01-24-2008, 07:32 AM
HI everyone,

I've just been trying to render a fully skinned character in maya that I have used times and times before without any problems.

what's happening now is that the model (poly) is not showing in the rendering!
only his eyes and some props (Nurbs Surfaces) are showing!

any ideas why is this happening?

I tried to apply new materials etc but without any luck!

pls help

geonak
01-24-2008, 09:30 AM
first check to be sure if its visibility is set to on in render stats ( i think you already done it but just to check) , and if this is not the case well i had a similar problem with maya 2008 where many of my objects disappeared in render, then i discovered that it was render layers problem , all the time i was rendering normally and then one day many objects disappeared and i wasn't able to solve that problem by any mean, till i deleted all my render layers and redo them ,don't knwo why i think it's some bug.
Regards

bzouchir
01-24-2008, 10:25 AM
it happened to me the same as well last time that i did like you disconnected then reconnected the layer nodes.

I thought this ime is the same problem that i didn't even think of the simplest "checking the visibility in the render stats!"

and hey the primary visibility was off! :|

thanks for the reminder mate that was the problem!

only God knows how on earth did "primary visibility" got unticked :|
is there a keyboard shortcut for that I must have pressed by mistake?

who knows!

thanks anyways
you've been super helpful mate

geonak
01-24-2008, 10:35 AM
glad to help

Regards

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2008, 10:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.