PDA

View Full Version : v3: I hope some things are SOLID!

Julez4001
01-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Well since its been almost two months (this Friday) since we've heard from PMG and since they are still developing 3.0. here hoping that they are also solidifying or even re-imaging tools that we used but would like to see complete and intuitive.

I, for one, would like to see PuppetMaster and Pose System rehauled.

What say you?

(not a B & M thread, just speculation and hope).

Tama
01-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Has the release of this been revised from "soon" to

"SOONER OR LATER"
:)

isobarxx
01-24-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm excited to have dynamic parent in place. It should make it easier to do more with characters interacting. It seems to me two things you need to advance the art are the ability to arbitrarily stick one thing to another, and for characters or the environment to be able to arbitrarily smoosh with their action.

Parent in place handles the first one. And we could totally do the second, if Melt just got a little love. If Melt were modified to work with any arbitrary weight (infinate plane, weight tools, geometry normals), you'd really be able to make good, solid, deforming contact. Imagine being able to have characters actually moosh a litte when they hug, instead of moving around eachother. You can kind of do it now, like I was able to get a character to smash into and over a windshield, but the Melt effect gets a little unstable when you rotate it.

I'm sure they'll release it whenever it's done. I know they're working on it, adding the stuff that we asked for. It's not like they're kicking back and laughing about how they screwed a bunch of chumps out of their money. As far as I'm concerned that debt is paid. Even as an amateur I've already made back far more than I put into messiah.

rush123
01-24-2008, 08:35 PM
isobarxx

Could you explain a bit more about what you want 'melt' to do, because to my knowledge it already works with weights?

R

JoeCosman
01-25-2008, 06:19 PM
melt only spreads out on a ground plane, I think what he's trying to say is he would like melt to use any object as the "ground plane". so if you were Melting using a sphere as the contact, it would wrap around the sphere as it melted. where it gets more complicated is if you used an arbitrary mesh like a face to melt around.

right now, the Weights on melt just mask out the spreading effect, not the drection it spreads.

have you experimented with using weights on an Xform, so as the spread occurs, the x-form would pull the mesh down?

palpal
01-25-2008, 06:49 PM
...the way I see it... There are alot of great software out there. But it is all about love... We all have a special place in our hearts for Lightwave and messiah and fprime... That is it... right there, we love those gems and we are so pleased to use them... So please people... let love overcome and as you should know, to stay in love you have to remember what the relationship were and what it is and what it could be? right?

Instead of slagging our girlfriends, let us focus on the good things and let us salure the good things and let us do an offer to try and alter the future in a possetive way...

PMG: You created something early, something that were among the best, it is still very good but there are other girls on the dance floor today... this is where yoy do magic, I know that the next realease is something we all will enjoy and learn from and develope in artistic ways... I for one cheer PMG on... you do good woork, you have some amazing artist using your solution, you will overcome!

Yours PAL :scream:

isobarxx
01-25-2008, 07:17 PM
right now, the Weights on melt just mask out the spreading effect, not the drection it spreads.

have you experimented with using weights on an Xform, so as the spread occurs, the x-form would pull the mesh down?

Hi Rush! What Joe said. That's an interesting idea. I'll give it a try.

rush123
01-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Isobar/Joe,

Unless I’m really missing the point chaps, I’ve just done a quick test. The melt effect is targeted at a ‘null’, and I’ve attached it to the colliding sphere in this example. Also I’ve weighted the other sphere to control the melt amount. If you send me pm with your email I’ll send you the file. But I might have misunderstood.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/589/melt01lp2.th.jpg (http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=melt01lp2.jpg)

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3295/melt02cl8.th.jpg (http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=melt02cl8.jpg)

JoeCosman
01-25-2008, 09:28 PM
actually, rush's idea works very well. since the melt plane is parented to the control, it will always show the correct orientation. you could also use spherize to the same effect with a metaEffector to mask out the point of contact

Nichod
01-26-2008, 01:52 AM
How about graphic's card issues? Any improvements on that?

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2008, 01:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.