PDA

View Full Version : Hungry Boot

knagornych
01-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Hello, currently I am working on one of my college projects. I was asked to develop a character and animate it. Everything from scratch.
I have initial idea of making a hungry shoe, this shoe's toe is separated from the sole of the shue. You can see same nails, which will function as a teeth.
Shoe behaves as a single man, eating anything without worrying what it, doesn't look after himself so he is always dirty. In main part of animation the way of his live going to be showb, by the end he meets lady flip-flops which take care afterhim, and man him real gentelmen. That is the rough idea.

Feel free to comment on it, and give any relevant suggestions. Thank You all in advance.
I am working on this project with my collegue called Chris (CG name Artisan-Hawks, from USA). So he'll be commenting here aswell.

Sorry for my english, it is not my first language.

knagornych
01-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Here is the rough script I came up with for the animation sequence:

It is very nice house of not reach and not poor middle class family - man woman and a 5 years old boy.

Shoes in this family have a very nice life, they always being looked after, polished and shine, the best live a shoe could imagine. And shoes are really happy of this life.

Everything is fine but one day house tenants decided to move to the different house. While moving left man's shoe was lost on the street, it simply fell out the box. When shoe has found himself in a such conditions he decided to wait until man realizes that one shoe is missing and cames back to pick it up. So he decided to stay by the house. He waits a day, two days, a week, but nobody has came to pick it up. But he is still full of hope and keeps waiting.

(here we have a half year time jump.)

Shoe lives in the cupboard box on the street, between waste containers. In his dreams he always remembers his previous life with his brother - right shoe. Sometimes he dreams a Shoe Land where everything is made for the best shoe life. All his dreams painted with bright colors, there is always sunny weather and they both polished till shine. Mostly he living captured by old memories and usually he doesn't see things happening around him, all this dirt and rubbish around.

But time after time somebody passing this side street throw something to the waste container and that noise brings him back to reality and he starts to realize that he is actually hungry and it is worth start looking for some food, otherwise he wouldn't sleep during the night because of the stomach purl. And he wakes up and slowly starts to look for a food. He sees old socks laying around and tries to eat them - taste is disgusting, and he keep on moving in order to find something to eat.

After walking for a while he meets a nice female sleeper, which is also single, but has something eat and actually making a nice supper. You way to man's heart leads through his stomach. They share their life stories and shoe get to know that sleeper is also waiting for a owner.

Suddenly a lady she is waiting for comes down a picks her up, saying:

that where you are my darling!

(Shoe start to worry that they won't see each other again)

But woman make a glance on the shoe staying on the the pavement and picks it up and takes it with herself. Later she would grow a flowers in it.

And these some sketches I have done for this project:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=122923

knagornych
01-29-2008, 08:38 AM
gentleman...

knagornych
01-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Shoe stroy 2

It is very nice house of not reach and not poor middle class family - man woman and a 5 years old boy.

Shoes in this family have a very nice life, they always being looked after, polished and shine, the best live a shoe could imagine. And shoe is really happy of this life.

Everything is fine but one day house tenants decided to move to the different house. Man has packed shoe to the box for moving. Shoe has prepared for moving. Shoe hears that this box being taken somewhere and finally it was put on the ground. Shoe hears some noise of moving object, and it thinks I am in the safe place. But after a while noise is came down and he couldn't hear for any sound. And most awful though came to his mind -

They forgot the box.

And that was true, man just didn't notice the box staying around the corner in the corridor. And left without it.

Shoe waits for a day, two days, a week, but nobody has came to pick it up. Now it is homeless.

Sport shoe

Sport shoe had a very good career - he was a best runner in the world. But one day his sole teared off the body and owner without any ceremonies has thrown them both away.

fortuneless shoe

A pair of shoes lives with a man who has a strange feature - hes lift side of the body always suffer from different things. For example while closing the door he usually catches his left hand with the door despite of the attention he pays. The same with the left ear, eye and leg. His left left shoe always stays wet because that man usually steps with it to the paddle. If somebody steps on that man's leg it definitely would be left leg.

Because of this human factor left shoe lives a much harder life than a right shoe and ofcourse he look worse, he is scratched, wrinkled and unhappy.

Heel shoe

This shoe belongs to the person who's left leg is shorter than right one. That is why he's left shoe is special and has a very high platform, while right is normal. Because of such strange appereance all the other shoes laugh and jeer at him. He feels himself as a white crow,

knagornych
01-29-2008, 10:39 AM
emotions board.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=122927

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2008, 10:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.