PDA

View Full Version : Lumberjack

Vidar3d
01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Ok, so here is my next exercise I'm working on in body dynamics. This animation just has stepped tangents for now. Any thoughts before I flatten them out and start the tweening process?

lumberjack animation (http://www.borderlandgraphics.com/choppingwood.mov)

KyleG
01-22-2008, 04:36 PM
It feels pretty rough right now, kinda hard to tell whats going on. I wouldn't smooth things out yet. You should work more on your timing and poses while it is still stepped. Also you need to work out his feet, right now he just slides from pose to pose. Lots of his silhouettes aren't reading either, like when he's walking towards the tree the axe if facing straight towards us which makes it hard to read. There isn't much sense of weight when he's carrying the axe either, I would work on this. Also when he swings the axe back I would arch his back in the opposite direction of what you are doing now. I would make a pass at all your poses and timing and then go from there. Keep up the good work!

Vidar3d
01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks Kyle. I'll work on your suggestions. I appreciate how its hard to tell exactly what's going on as these are one the extremes....almost an animatic.

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.