PDA

View Full Version : Production diary 'The Lion of Judah'

Suricate
01-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Just want to draw your attention to a high-profile production that is currently going on and which uses messiah as its animation tool.

http://www.lionofjudahthemovie.com/

Boris Goreta and I myself have been involved in the rigging of the characters.

THUR
01-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Nice to see Messiah animation is still alive and kicking! :)
Congrats to the pmg team, keep it going guys.

Can't wait 4 the 3 :-)

THUR

Ulven
01-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Cool stuff.

Parsec3d
01-22-2008, 01:36 PM
inspiring ...

great post

dobermunk
01-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Very promising! Love the dancing bird.

NicolasJordan
01-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Very nice to see a program like Messiah being used on a production like this. :thumbsup:

NicolasJordan
01-22-2008, 05:27 PM
I am curious as to what program this is being rendered in. In the videos I had seen screens of Messiah(animation), Lightwave(pre-viz) and what looked like Maya(modeling).

Suricate
01-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Rendering is done in LightWave, with MDD files for transferring the motion.

NicolasJordan
01-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Rendering is done in LightWave, with MDD files for transferring the motion.

That's what I suspected although I have also seen messiah used as the renderer for some large productions so thats why I had to ask.

Since this is being rendered in Lightwave the Lightwave community over on the Newtek forums would probably be interested in this. There also seem to be many wavers that are also messiah users like myself.

Thanks for the reply, I am looking forward to watching this once it's released. :thumbsup:

catizone
01-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Looks very promising. Nice to see that someone believes one can present a quality feature for kids and the family based on a Christian viewpoint.

Can't wait to see more.

Best,
Rick Catizone

lanosrep1
02-04-2008, 06:28 PM
I notice the pdf on the LOJ site talks about the animators working on the project..

They both worked on Shrek according to their bio's.

It would be really nice to hear how they like working within Messiah while animating.. what they like.. what they might miss from using the proprietary tools at Dreamworks.. that sort of thing.

Maybe their input would help drive future development of the Character animation tools.. or maybe they would say that Messiah kicks!! (just like we do!)

G.

lanosrep1
02-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Just want to draw your attention to a high-profile production that is currently going on and which uses messiah as its animation tool.

http://www.lionofjudahthemovie.com/

Boris Goreta and I myself have been involved in the rigging of the characters.

Any big changes in the rigging \ armatures that you were requested to make, or were the rigging technics used for the Action pack and the Auto rigger utilized mostly?

Curious.. if this production drove new development.. it would be really great to hear about it!

G.

Suricate
02-04-2008, 08:50 PM
I did the rigging for 'Lion of Judah' during the pre-production stage between April and August last year. The plugins that I created then (and also for 'Andy's Airplanes') are included in the 'ActionPack' and 'ExpressionPack' plugins that I released here a few months ago.

I don't know how the animators in general liked using messiah. But I can say that I received some feedback that gave me some interesting ideas for future rigs. I have to check how these ideas can be implemented in messiah.

lanosrep1
02-04-2008, 09:10 PM
I did the rigging for 'Lion of Judah' during the pre-production stage between April and August last year. The plugins that I created then (and also for 'Andy's Airplanes') are included in the 'ActionPack' and 'ExpressionPack' plugins that I released here a few months ago.

I don't know how the animators in general liked using messiah. But I can say that I received some feedback that gave me some interesting ideas for future rigs. I have to check how these ideas can be implemented in messiah.

Thats what i thought... (Action Pack..etc)..I was one of those that purchased the Auto Rigger.. your work on it is tremendous!!

Would be very interested to hear about the feedback you recieved and if in fact, the input provided by the animators could end up implemented in Messiah!! Seems like alot of the ideas used in proprietary tools for the big houses usually end up in a product sooner or later... sooner is always better.. :)

You obviously have a strong command of Messiah scripting.. so there are alot of possibilites.

G.

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2008, 09:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.