PDA

View Full Version : scaling cloud particle in one axssis (X or Y or Z)

pollart
01-22-2008, 06:48 AM
hi there
im trying to make a shape with the fluid and apply that fluid shader to a particle (cloud).
here the problem
is there any way to scale the cloud particle in just one axises i mean X or Y or Z, with out spoiling the texture of the fluid shader

for instance i made a fluid container with res of X=20, Y=5, Z=20. if i apply this res fluid shader to cloud particle it looks good from top view but form side view the texture is stretching badly as the cloud particle are basically roundish. i try to scale the particle manually but it doesn't work.
how can we scale cloud particle just in one axises? is there any script or any other way to do it? or its just not possible?

any one knows about it?

i am new to particle n fluids with the scripts
hope i am able to explain clearly

thanks
P

Gravedigger
01-22-2008, 07:58 AM
there are several functions in mel with which you can get and set the values of fluids. with those you should be able wo write a script to scale your particle cloud.

it won't be interactively and i don't know how fast this would be but it should really work.

maybe the maya api would be a better interface to work out a tool.

PS: you can find the mel functions in your documentary. most of them contain the term 'fluid' in them.

siproductions
01-22-2008, 05:55 PM
As I recall there was a trick to do this. I think it was to group the Fluid and container And scale the group. Not sure though its been a while.

pollart
01-24-2008, 03:20 AM
hi Gravedigger
thanks for your suggestion... i try to find the mel script for scaling cloud particle in one axis but havent have any luck yet. could you plese let me know if u know any links were i can learn how to do it or any suggestions would be great

thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2008, 03:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.