PDA

View Full Version : raytracing

(B-HOLM)
04-27-2003, 01:24 PM
hey guys, I'm just messing around with a little scene, and I am using a pink background colour, so I can alpha it out. The problem though is that when I render then the reflective objects reflect the background in it, and I don't want the pink to show as anything else but as the background :/

I hope you guys can help me and understan what I'm trying say :D

MikeRhone
04-27-2003, 07:49 PM
If you're using maya, why dont you just render in a file format that supports Alpha channels? (Like TGA, IFF...) That way you wont need the pink BG, and all of your shots will ready to be cookie-cut composite onto whatever you need.

Or if you really MUST have a pink BG, you can:

-Select the pink BG you dont want visible in reflections.
-Open the attribute editor up
-Open the render stats tab
-DE-select Visible in reflections
(Its also a good idea to disable Visible in refractions, Motion Blur, Casts Shadows and Recieves shadows)

Mike

(B-HOLM)
04-27-2003, 07:54 PM
uhm how would I select the background?
and if I were to renger to tga or something, then how would I put the images into a full sequence?

floguyep
04-28-2003, 01:10 AM
In most compositing programs, when you're importing image sequence files you select the first image in the sequence and check a button that says image sequence. It'll import the images as video footage.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.