PDA

View Full Version : Render in wireframe?

Antonio79
04-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Hello! is it possible in Maya to render a model in wireframe? and how can I render an animation? I also need to move the pivot point of my model, how can I do? I know all this in 3d Studio but not in Maya yet :) thank you very much.

webster
04-27-2003, 03:48 PM
Rendering Wireframe:
http://www.geocities.com/jozvex/tutorials/wireframe.html

Rendering Animation:
Go to the Render-Globals-Window, Set Frame Extension to: "name.#.ext", then set start/end-frame. Remember also to set to PAL-Setiings in the Preferences in order to get a 25 fps animation.

Pivot Point:
Select object, press "insert"-Key, move pivot, press insert-key again.

Check the docs or the search-function of this forum. :rolleyes:

Niente da ringraziare,
Antonio :beer:

Antonio79
04-28-2003, 08:40 AM
Grazie :-) just another thing... where do I go exactly once I set the rendering preferences, to render and export the animation? thank you again! :bounce:

webster
04-28-2003, 08:45 AM
I do it like that:

Save scene,
close Maya (if you want, saves memory usage),
Open windows explorer and navigate to that saved scene,
Point your mouse on that scene,
RMB --> choose "render" from the pop-up menu

Antonio79
04-28-2003, 10:31 AM
Is there a way to render and export in AVI format directly from Maya? thanks again!

webster
04-28-2003, 10:46 AM
Yes you can (Rnder Globals --> Choose Image Format: AVI)
but only uncompressed (=32 MB per Second, 60 seconds= ca. 1,900 MB)

Disantvantage: If rendering stops (full HD, etc) all the file is broken. Also Avi doesnŽt have alpha-Channel.

YouŽd better render out as *.tif

Antonio79
04-28-2003, 11:05 AM
Ok I tryed but it render just one frame and not the whole animation, moreover it seems to render an old model I did and it doesn't render the one I'm working on :(

Antonio79
04-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Ok now it works because I tryed with another animation, there is probably a problem with just that model :) I will try to figure it out, thank you! :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.