PDA

View Full Version : Problem animating a Plane Surface

SebastianB
01-21-2008, 06:03 PM
I have a very specific doubt.

I have two identical surfaces, one above the other both with a small distance between them and waving (With deformers) paralels in the Y axis.

What I'm trying to create is a perpendicular union between the two surfaces with another plane. Just to see it as a mesh making the movement (All the different surfaces waving together)
This plane should follow the movement of the others, It must be articulated by them.
I dunno how to achieve that. If a surface is able to follow the movement of another ones.

In other way I would have to make the same movement in the plane with new transoformes and then combine it with the others, but it seems to be a very difficult and tedious work.

Any advice? I can put some pictures if the idea isn't totally clear.
Thanks

geonak
01-22-2008, 07:18 AM
are you using nurbs surfaces ? if yes a solution is by lofting the edge isoparms correspondingly to create the side surfaces then they will keep their history -> they will keep up with the animation, for polygonal surfaces the same trick works but instead of isoparms you have to do the same on edge basis
Regards

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2008, 07:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.