PDA

View Full Version : Plz critic my animation for my Reel

zennic
01-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi, there i m a student in 3d animation, I am looking for critic on one of my main animations for my demo reel .. so plz feel free to critisize and pointing out stuff that s wrong or that u don t like and plz try as much as possible to leave an explanation I ll really apreciate it ...

sorry my english isn t perfect

thank u for u r time

here s the link : http://zennic.cgsociety.org

sorry for the trouble with the link before ...

SpaXe
01-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Hey zennic,

That animation is a while from finished cut, I'm afraid. Watch two things:

-anticipation
-timing

Also, there are a lot of places with extreme short duration (the first hop off the chair, the chair hitting his head at the end) could use 3-5 more frames as well.

Poses are all right. I can also feel the gravity a little bit. Polish it with hours of hard work!

Keep it up. :)

zennic
01-21-2008, 01:13 AM
Thank u for u r critique but i was wondering what do u mean by "extreme short duration " since my english isn t perfect i m not sure to understand what do u mean by extreme short duration ...

thx for taking the time 2 look at my work ...

Capel
01-23-2008, 11:13 PM
you're biting off more than you can chew. but "the animator's survival kit" by richard williams and go through the exercises starting with the bouncing ball. you'll thank yourself for taking a step back and learning animation from the ground up, i promise...

zennic
01-23-2008, 11:54 PM
Thank u very much for taking the time too look at my animations ... it s funny that u mentionned that book cuz i just got it yesturday and i m planning on reading it tonigth ... rigth after i fixe the arcs on the arms in my lipsync ...

thank very much for your advice I truly appreciate it ...

frankthetank777
01-30-2008, 05:13 AM
I think you have something good that you can tweak and build on. Your poses seem to float into the next in some parts of your animation. I don't know if you have reference for these clips, but that is ALWAYS a good idea because all your answers to the problems are in your reference.

When you feel skeptical about your animation, try looking for principles of animation in them, often times, you'll see what you have to fix. As someone else has already said, concentrate on your timing and try to animate to one camera for your "Brain" animation, just to see how it looks.

:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2008, 05:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.