PDA

View Full Version : the F1 challenge

blastzone
04-27-2003, 01:30 AM
i fiogured seems everyone here is going on about hpow quiet it is here i figured i might as well post this here.. its just a quick question but hey every little helps right..

2 or 3 weeks ago i made an F1 car, not very detailed just for fun incase the F! comapition came round so i had a bit of practice. well the model is ok but the body of the car is great. the idea i had was to make a see through F1 car displayed in a meuseum so you could see how everything works. do you think i could use the same car body if most of the detail is in the engine i model from scratch???

Apollux
04-27-2003, 02:23 PM
I think that yes, you may use it.

Actually that 's a grey area. Year after year the rules for the contest remain mainly unchanged... so I guess it is expactable to see some kind of preparation done before the actual contest begin.

Apollux
03-07-2004, 12:20 AM
The F1 Contest is back for the 2004 season. New rules are to be posted tomoroww (march-7).

http://www.seesystems.com/f1/

CurtisS said that the new rules will rev-up things!! :shrug:

CurtisS
03-10-2004, 06:44 PM
YOu only need to worry about making the dealine of May 7. You could have modelled the F1 monthes ago and still enter this year's competition.

The rules have essentially stayed the same other than allowing Yafray to used for rendering now that it is integrated into Blender.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.