PDA

View Full Version : Maya API: Node File-Attribute

Gravedigger
01-18-2008, 05:45 PM
hey guys!

i've just started programming with the maya api. my question is quite simple but i haven't found anything on the web and the book from David Gould i'm reading doesn't treat that part.

i'd like to create a node which has as an attribute this little button to browse a file. unfortunately i don't know such a type of an attribute. i'm pretty sure that i'm searching at the wrong location. is this really an attribute of a node or is it another thing?

Infernalspawn
01-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Hi,

these file buttons are not a speciality of attributes, they are created through the Templates for each Node, have a look at the AETemplate mels

Cheers
Infernal

Gravedigger
01-18-2008, 09:39 PM
aah..this really helps a lot! thank you very much!

still have some problems with the layouts in those attribute editor templates but i hope i'll get it.

where can i get some information about those templates? i've tried google but there's no real summary about it and i haven't found anything in the documentation.

Infernalspawn
01-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Whenever i was looking for something special i took a look at the Templates for the existing Nodes in the Maya Directory. I've never found something at the net, but this was a year ago.

Cheers

Gravedigger
01-18-2008, 10:56 PM
i too got it from the templates from maya. there doesn't seem to be much around about it unfortunately.

well it now works but i think i'll still need some experimenting until i see through it.

thanks very much for your help. i would have beed looking for such an attribute forever :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2008, 10:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.