PDA

View Full Version : Command Line Max?

iwashuman2021
01-18-2008, 03:39 AM
so currently at my place of employment we are attempting to create an object and place it into google earth from an ASP; by having this ASP page convert a set of user inputed values and generating MaxScript to compile the object in max then having max export this object out to a DWG, where another asp page grabs the DWG file then places it Via a RUBY script/BAT file into google sketch-up where sketch-up exports the object into a KMZ file.

this proceedure seems like it'll work, but i wanted to know if this seems like it'll fail or not from members of the forums, who most likely know more about how the SDK and MaxScript can work.

me and my co-workers are new to maxscript and to the SDK, but we do have backgrounds in 3DS MAX & multiple programming languages. but we need some guidence.

anyinput would be greatly appreciated.

iwashuman2021
01-18-2008, 11:43 PM
just checking in..

RustyKnight
01-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I don't see any major issues, if it fits into your pipeline. It might be simpler (and you could automate it a little better) if you used python and maybe even some OLE/COM automation...

Basically, you could push the user inputs directly into max as maxscript commands via the OLE/COM interface (i'm sure you set it up via ASP, but to be honest, I'd have no idea how to), which would then generate the output you need, which you could then, automatically, upload to google...but I'm just lazy that way ;)

Shane

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2008, 12:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.