PDA

View Full Version : Prob with Viewport display

Limbus
04-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Hi All,
I have a strange Problem in the Modeller perspective Viewport. If I try to zoom in on a n object, the object starts to disapear in front of the camera. This only happens in some scenes. Right now I am having this problem with a scene, which only contains a sphere at 0,0,0 with the size of 10m, 10m. The spheres normals are flipped.

Maybe somone can help me.:)

Limbus

Hamlet_PURe
04-26-2003, 07:17 PM
Display Options > Fixed Near Clip Distance.
:bounce:

LyonHaert
04-26-2003, 07:27 PM
that just has to do with the hither and yon clipping planes. as you're zooming in very close, it is bringing the hither plane closer to the camera, so that stuff right in front of the camera doesn't disappear, and it is also bringing the yon plane closer to the camera, to hide farther away geometry that you probably won't be editing, in an attempt to keep viewport refresh rates from bogging down.

btw, for things like this, make a screenshot so we can *see* what you're seeing. it helps a lot.

as for avoiding it, make a small, rough selection of what you want to work on, and hit Shift-A to put it that area in focus. normal zooming in and out doesn't change the camera's focal position much, whereas Shift-A will recenter it somewhere.

Edit: actually, hamlet, without a picture to see, i'd have to assume that it's the yon (far) clipping plane, not the hither (near). besides, he said Modeler, and Modeler doesn't have those options.

Limbus
04-26-2003, 08:12 PM
Hi, thanks for the answers.
Shift A works fine.
I also attatched a screenshot.

Limbus

Mike RB
04-26-2003, 08:20 PM
yep clipping planes. LW can't see things forever and do infinite zoom. So there is a min and max distance from the camera that LW can see. Select that area and and do a shift a.

Mike

Hamlet_PURe
04-26-2003, 08:35 PM
Oops!Scuse, i should have read first before replying... :shame:

LyonHaert
04-26-2003, 08:51 PM
thanks for the image. that's exactly what i thought it would be after i tried doing it in Modeler myself.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.