PDA

View Full Version : Help on blendshape changes

2scale
01-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Ok....I decided to make a change to the base geo on my model....I needed to add some geo to the inside of the mouth....Now I extruded the interior of the mouth three times on the base shape. I already had the shapes and the head bound evrything works good on that front. I tried to propogate the geo to the targets...but it doesnt seem to work....I think its only meant to be used on geometry with the same point cloud numbers, once I added faces these numbers changed...But regardless shapes still work except for the double tranformations on the interior of the mouth on the geo that was added. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, J.

Tripple-I
01-17-2008, 06:14 PM
I had a similar problem recently, try painting out the blendshapes on the area where you don't want influence

2scale
01-17-2008, 06:22 PM
It is not the blendshape its the base with added geo....what shape is there to paint out....I have controlers that drive the jaw joint and the blendshape. Its acting like it does if you have the input order wrong however it is correct minus that small area around the mouth...I'll give it a shot anyways....Thanks,J

shinyprem
01-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Hi...

If you want to incorprate the new altered mesh to the previous skinned mesh... Open the rigged file. Import the new mesh. Select your skinned mesh, then select you new mesh, then run this in the script editor:
string $sel[] = `ls -sl`;
string $cluster = `findRelatedSkinCluster $sel[0]`;
string $joints[] = `listConnections -s 1 -d 0 ($cluster + ".matrix")`;
select -r $sel[1];
select -add $joints;
SmoothBindSkin -tsb -ta;
string $newCluster = `findRelatedSkinCluster $sel[1]`;
copySkinWeights -ss $cluster -ds $newCluster -nm;

Rgds,

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2008, 03:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.