PDA

View Full Version : RenderTITAN Is Officially Open!

RenderTITAN-Mark
01-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Hello,
I hope everybody has seen our ads on CG Society because we are really excited to be able to offer our render farm to the 3D community.

The biggest news: 25˘ per GHz hour

Historically, we have been fans of Cinema 4D, as you can see from our advertising, and we are dedicated to helping you get your projects done on time and in budget. We are also proud of our CINEBENCH 1.1 million+ score. We naturally support all of Maxon plug-ins and now we have now added "VRay for Cinema 4D".

Also included is 24/7 phone support for all customers. We are also committed to treat each client with a high level of confidentiality and above all no pricing games or load sharing! One price, and no pricing plans or load sharing of any kind. (Our invoices also show which render nodes worked on your project as well as document for you your time logs! You can even monitor your budget in real time so you can estimate you billing and progress.)

Our Advance Render Farm
Render 64bit (or 32bit) - Dual Quad-Core Xeons - 8GBs Ram standard
CINEBENCH 1.1million
Free 24/7 live phone support
100 Mbs Backbone Internet Connection
HDD / DVD / Blu-Ray – optional physical shipping available
www.RenderTITAN.com (http://www.rendertitan.com/)

Also, we recognize that many production studios use more than Cinema 4D in the pipeline so watch our site for new announcements. If you have any questions, or requests for features, feel free to ask or email me at info@rendertitan.com. (Please send your “Support” questions to my very capable staff.) I also attached our Press Release.

I hope to hear from you soon,
Mark

ThePriest
01-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Any plans to support Vue's connecttion to Cinema? XStream

From what I can gather, there are currently no viable options out there.

RenderTITAN-Mark
01-17-2008, 07:35 PM
I have contacted them, and we are looking into it. From my understanding, you have the option to completely import Vue into Cinema4D, and we can render that nativly, but rendering on Vue will require a bit more from us, and we are still proceeding forward with it.
M

moka.studio
01-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Are you supporting Final Render for C4d?

RenderTITAN-Mark
01-17-2008, 09:22 PM
I am actually in talks with them now and much further along, so very soon. Send me an email and when we actually launch, and I can email you directly.

ThePriest: Please do the same, however, E-On is just slower at getting responses but we are working with them as well.
Mark

ThePriest
01-17-2008, 09:57 PM
E-on are notoriously slow with pretty much everything.

I thankfully got xstream to a point where it is production worthy, but it's always limited to my mini 12 core farm.

Good luck with your renderfarm, it sounds promising.

lllab
01-18-2008, 10:14 AM
rendertitan is a very powerful new service and they also support vrayforc4d for those who need to render huge stuff in vray :-)

good work mark,
cheers
stefan

designbytes
01-18-2008, 11:28 AM
ok, call me dense, but what is a "Ghz hr"? I know "per cpu hr", but not familiar with this term...

at $0.25 per Ghz hr, does that mean that a hr worth of render on a 3 Ghz cpu is $0.75? and if there are 8 cpus or cores it is $6 for 1 hr of render time? (.25 x 3 x 8)

thx

imashination
01-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Thats exactly what it means from what I can see. I make it $321 per hour if you want the full farm.

kmdguy
01-18-2008, 09:06 PM
ok, call me dense, but what is a "Ghz hr"? I know "per cpu hr", but not familiar with this term...

at $0.25 per Ghz hr, does that mean that a hr worth of render on a 3 Ghz cpu is $0.75? and if there are 8 cpus or cores it is $6 for 1 hr of render time? (.25 x 3 x 8)

thx

Hi there,

Typically the GHz/hour equation goes like this:

Number of CPUs: 2
multiplied by CPU Speed: 3 Ghz
multiplied by render time: 1 hours
equals: 6 GHz/hour
price: 6 Ghz/hour * .XX

So yes, you've got the equation down I think.

Personally I find that a flat monthly fee for unlimited access always tends to work out much better. That's the way our upcoming render farm will be priced out primarily, with single, per job renders at a reason price per GHz hour. The thing with Ghz/hour is you never know exactly what your job is going to finally cost until it's done. You can only estimate roughtly beforehand based on your own computer speed rated against the farm's. With a flat monthly access fee, you can have an easier time budgeting. There is no right or wrong of course, just personal preference.

Happy rendering,
Dan

RenderTITAN
01-20-2008, 09:16 AM
rendertitan is a very powerful new service and they also support vrayforc4d for those who need to render huge stuff in vray :-)
good work mark,
cheers
stefan
With a plug like that, how can any one go wrong with RenderTITAN!
Thanks Stefan.

ok, call me dense, but what is a "Ghz hr"? I know "per cpu hr", but not familiar with this term... at $0.25 per Ghz hr, does that mean that a hr worth of render on a 3 Ghz cpu is $0.75? and if there are 8 cpus or cores it is $6 for 1 hr of render time? (.25 x 3 x 8)
thx
Yes. You would get 8 scanlines per frame via dual Quad-Core Xeon CPUs (which have larger caches), not old inefficient or consumer CPUs! Now add the 8GBs of ram to avoid scratch disk slow downs, the benefit of 64bit rendering, and you can see how our GHz are better and cost you less to use...

Thats exactly what it means from what I can see. I make it $321 per hour if you want the full farm.
IMHO, I believe is a misleading number (and I would have to check it for accuracy) but I would like to stress what any number would mean, just for clarity. We do not charge by the whole farm, we only charge for the time used by render node to process your scene, period.

Most jobs do not required the use of the whole farm yet still render overnight. This means that before a client goes home, they can upload to us and when they return to work in the morning, the frames were already auto uploaded to his system during the night. (If anybody is in an emergency situation, they can call and then yes we will make the entire farm available.) We have had situations were people call in the morning and we have sent finished frames by lunch! They still only paid for what was used.

M

RenderTITAN-Mark
01-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi there,
Typically the GHz/hour equation goes like this:
Number of CPUs: 2
multiplied by CPU Speed: 3 Ghz
multiplied by render time: 1 hours
equals: 6 GHz/hour
price: 6 Ghz/hour * .XX
So yes, you've got the equation down I think.

Personally I find that a flat monthly fee for unlimited access always tends to work out much better. That's the way our upcoming render farm will be priced out primarily, with single, per job renders at a reason price per GHz hour. The thing with Ghz/hour is you never know exactly what your job is going to finally cost until it's done. You can only estimate roughtly beforehand based on your own computer speed rated against the farm's. With a flat monthly access fee, you can have an easier time budgeting. There is no right or wrong of course, just personal preference.
Happy rendering,
Dan
Yet you still end up with the same problem. If you do not know how long the render time will be, you still do not know how to budget, even if you prepay a full month and the artist could actually be raising his costs.

Scenario: Client “A” is ready and you buy your month and the render finishes in a few hours. Then you do not have another project ready to go 3.5 weeks, but Client “B” has a project that is big that needs a full week to render. Now you have to buy another month because you ran over losing the 3.5 weeks of paid rendering time that you couldn’t take real advantage of the time. Now again a customer has prepaid time not needed and their cost went up because several clients were not ready at the same time. Your post also says you will charge by job (with single, per job renders) which means the second job requires a new month further raising the cost.

Now how do you charge your client, for the whole month for do you pro rate out only the cost that he actually used? What do you do with the remaining cost that really didn’t go to the client, take the lost? Most would need another client ready to shoulder that shared expense on the full prepaid month. Then of course the simple problem of deciding if paying for a full month is cheaper than paying for only what you actually used?

Our pricing gives each job gets full priority without any load sharing or delays because somebody has prepaid for a system or time. No paying customer wants to worry that they paid for a full month but can’t actually render because several artist prepaid but bad luck ensued and everybody wanted service at the same time…

Yes technically, nobody can accurately predict a final render time, but we all can predict a reasonable time frame. Most artists know when working on a scene which sections will be heaviest so we can predict (best guess based on the user’s feedback) for the worst case scenario which means we would usually over delivery and be under budget! We also provide accurate billing by render node so you can chose how to pass that cost to the client and confidently prove what the cost of rendering actually is.

Though we believe that most would be happy with our simple pricing, no business would refuse to address special needs. If anybody needs a month of rendering, even a solid week, I would be happy to accommodate them by addressing their situation uniquely and adjusting accordingly to match their time and budget.

Also, we have a great surprise coming very soon for predicting price and time but I do not want to ruin the surprise…

M

moka.studio
01-20-2008, 11:36 AM
what happens in the advent a scene crashes?
Will there be monitoring of jobs sent out at night?
Can a client see the progress on the frames during the render process?

RenderTITAN-Mark
01-20-2008, 05:42 PM
what happens in the advent a scene crashes?
Will there be monitoring of jobs sent out at night?
Can a client see the progress on the frames during the render process?

We have two safety nets. One is redundency in our network and 24/7 support. If there is any problem, just call us and we will be happy to address the problem on site. When you setup your account, you get a special phone number to our live support so someone is always available for you.

You will also have real time monitoring of your job including billing, render progress and you are able to self administer your project 24/7. You can also setup your FTP to watch your folder on our server to auto download the new frames as they finish to make sure everything is progressing as expected. We will make sure the render farm is setup correctly, but we do not know what you are rendering so you should check your frames for accuracy and you can do that live.

If there is any kind of hardware crash, I would be happy to re-render. Now, the reality, hardware crashes do not add up to much because the nodes do not keep much (usually only the current finished frame) on their hard drives. Everything is stored on our mirror RAID. Now add the auto FTP, you will have a third backup. So if there is a crash, I only lose the rendering frame anyway and the server will automatically re-render. I would just need to adjust the billing to make sure you do not get charged for that one frame. If a node does an old fashioned locked up, let us know and we again will be happy to address that as well, but again, usually, that only effects one node again not adding to much.

Customer satisfaction is our priority. If you need anything, we would be happy to address every situation personally to do everything possible on our end to make sure you are getting what you need or expect!
M

RenderTITAN
01-20-2008, 05:48 PM
moka.studio: On a side note, I just noticed that you are in Germany. If you need support in German, we can do that as well! We also have Spanish speakers as well (and of course English.)
M

moka.studio
01-20-2008, 07:44 PM
thanks for the additional information

RenderTITAN
01-21-2008, 07:24 PM
thanks for the additional information

No Problem. If you need anything else, we would be happy to help.
M

RenderTITAN
01-27-2008, 06:38 AM
We are upgrading again!

We just upgraded our remote render farm service to include Vue 6.5 xStream! We are starting with connections to Cinema 4D this week (followed by Maya, then 3Ds Max, then Lightwave ending with XSI. We will launch each about a week apart.)

The best part is that we will be retaining our 25˘/GHz hour price!

Also included:
24/7 phone support
Dual Quad-Core Xeons, 64bit OS, and 8GBs of ram standard
FTP @ 100MBs (Shipping available)
CINEBENCH 1.1 Million+

We know how important and confidentiality many treat their files and we uphold the strictest guidelines to protect you identity and your files, even within our offices. Have the confidence that we consider every client priority and private.

Checkout our website for more information:
www.RenderTITAN.com (http://www.rendertitan.com/)

M

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2008, 06:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.