PDA

View Full Version : WIP : Weight lift

Nary
01-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Hi Friends,

I am a student of animation. This is the WIP of wieght lift excercise that i am working on.
Am looking forward for your valuable comments, please feel free to post your suggestions and help me improve it.

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg223/narymail/?action=view&current=Box_Lift_ver22.flv

Thank you !
Nary

thunderball
01-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Hello Nary,

I think this is a great start. I'm also working on a similiar exercise so I appreciate the hard work you've done on it. I really like the way the leg quivers during the early stages of the lift. The thing that seems most of is where the character tries tipping the the box up inorder to get his hand underneath. Judging by the difficulty he has lifting and transporting the load, it seems unlikely that he would so easily tilt the box, so maybe he should show some more effort in tilting it.

I'm by no means an expert so take my comments with a grain of salt.

Good work.

Nary
01-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi thunderball,

Thank you for the comments.. ya i noticed the tipping efforts after your post, just got an idea for it, may be i will add a 'tried, but cant move the box' kind of animation before the tipping.. it might help.. and am still adding a few more things before he reaches the box, as it is in WIP.. shall upload the updated version as soon as i am able to finish..
Nice to know that you are working on similar excercise too.. would be glad to have a look when i do get a chance..

Thank you very much! :)

lime324
01-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi there..
It's still very robotic, I agree with the tipping issue, I suggest when he ready to lift the box, try to make his body more closer to the box, so he can keep his balance.

Keep animating!

Nary
01-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Hi Helmy,

Thank you for your comment.. now i noticed it too.. got an idea for it.. i will add a few foot adjustments while he is moving the box, this might help..

Thank you very much ! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2008, 03:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.