PDA

View Full Version : merge channel pass in combusion

kreuz
01-17-2008, 09:08 AM
now i am suffering a composite question , i saw that the merge function in digital fusion is very easy but i can't find how to do the same things in combustion.
for exsample: i am now saperating the lights info in to 2 pass of ambient light and key light images , and how can i merge those two files into one image? i am trying out use composite mode , but that's not what i want , what i can do ? i need some suggestions , thanks

kreuz

PiXeL_MoNKeY
01-17-2008, 07:11 PM
If you are just doing color operations (no alpha involved) Combustion 4+ has the Merge Operator which will give you the blend modes of a Composite operator without all the overhead of the Composite operator. If you are trying to do Math operations you will need to probably use the Compound RGB Arithmetic Controls. Maybe if you said exactly what you are trying to do (what operation, transfer mode, etc), you may get better help.

-Eric

Edit: If you are trying to do something like in this Compositing Tutorial (http://www.seraph3d.com/CompositingTutorialA03.htm)from Seraph3d, then this can be handled in multiple merge operators, or one Composite operators. You need to change the Transfer Modes in the Composite Controls > Layer section. This should do the exact same thing as the merge node in Fusion.

kreuz
01-18-2008, 02:37 AM
hey, i am really appreciate for your comments , but ,i can't find the "color operations (no alpha involved)" checkbox in CB ,and i had try the way of tutorials to turn the transfer mode in surface section , but the resault is a little different from the combining both data in max render, so..ai....it's really hard to decide how should i work with?

but really helpful info from you

regards
kreuz

PiXeL_MoNKeY
01-18-2008, 03:21 AM
"color operations (no alpha involved)" was just a statement, it is not an option/feature/etc in anything combustion related. I have had issues with how the Merge operator works with inputs that contain an alpha channel.

-Eric

kreuz
01-18-2008, 04:51 AM
haha...sorry , i got the meanings now , ^^|||
thanks for your suggestions of merging those pass , i had tried with all your ways , really helpfully , thanks in advance

regards

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2008, 04:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.