PDA

View Full Version : Step by Step Painting of my Father - love for my dad.

Psycho Ken
04-26-2003, 03:34 PM
Final : finished in 1 day plus.http://www.stormelf.com/download/ken/Step by step figure/father.jpg

Starting sketchhttp://www.stormelf.com/download/ken/Step by step figure/F1.jpg

middle of the painting http://www.stormelf.com/download/ken/Step by step figure/F2.jpg

Hope u guys will appreciate what i'm doing for my dad. Doing another for my mom now.

Dark-Angel
04-26-2003, 04:56 PM
nice, i all ways like seeing sketches. now im hungry:drool:

Psycho Ken
04-26-2003, 05:12 PM
Dark Angel: :beer:

Ken.03

Dark-Angel
04-26-2003, 06:11 PM
:beer:

RiotManZ
04-26-2003, 06:27 PM
WOW:eek:
This is amazing!!! Wich soft did you use? Or is it done with the 'old' tools, brush and watercolours?

Your dad must be very proud of you!!:applause:

lmc
04-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Hmm, wat to say.....GOOD....yup, ur dad must be very proud on u....:applause:

CGmonkey
04-26-2003, 07:37 PM
In some way I don't think you've done the table with all the food and stuff..

If you did it then you should be proud.

Mickley
04-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Well gotta say a word...

First if it's a portrait you don't really see a person here.
You should have taken a lover point, so you could see more of his face and less of a table with all the stuff. Now it looks more like restaurant ad.

I'm not accusing you in anything,but if you did this from a photograph, than you just picked a bad picture.

Those highlights on his forehead and very sharp shadows behind his shoulder, right arm and a table tell me that this was taken with a simple bilt-in flash. Otherwise you can't get such hard shadows in those areas. My advice if you work from a photograph (which is not a good idea itself), try at least to take a nice picture first. (Set-up nice ligths, or use external flash few feet away from the camera.)

Second is a composition itself. Look at all the utencils the way they composed. The two lower items (what is that glass of water and salt?), are simply cut of. Why? You could moved them a bit higher; they would fit.
The little box of mustard or whatever is toching a plate with its corner. Its not nice; overlap it, or move it away.
Spoon and fork; move them to the empty space in the middle of the table.
Advice here is to study works of great masters. see how they composed still nature sets.
Good luck with it and happy painting.:)

Psycho Ken
04-27-2003, 08:22 AM
Mickley: Hey,really thanks for the comments u gave me. Ya i hav a photo refrence to draw it out but it's a different post (not the one i drew) n abt the drawin,i use tracing technique to draw out the outline (save more time) abt the colour etc,those are not from the photo. N i can assure u this is not copy from photo,well...many frens of mine been askin the same qst when they saw it....frankly speakin...i'm not really happy wf it,coz the works i coloured so hard (coz i'm jz start usin painter) let frens which i belive in said i jz simple copied it from photo n paste etc,i'm kinda dissapointed....so wat i done to prove i now can draw out this kind of things (jz the matter of how much time i spendin on the works),is to demonstrate to them. (kinda dissapointed that hav to use demo to prove.....) Well anyway,nxt time i'll try to do my best on the composition,thanks for the advice! :thumbsup: no hard feelins :)
as for others,thanks alots. I'll start doin a new one soon,title is Transformers! (maybe i should go take some pics while i'm drawin n post it in here so tat i might get mysef clear) Ha...kiddin.
Ken.03

sound effect
04-27-2003, 09:54 PM
OMG! i thought that first picutre was a photo!!

nice work.... :thumbsup:

Mickley
04-28-2003, 06:30 AM
Ur welcome:)

Psycho Ken
04-28-2003, 11:17 AM
more than 18 hrs coloured in one works,i dun think it's hard to come out this realistic drawin. I'm not really good in mixin colours so i oledi get used to stick in the traditional way.(accept character design etc)
Ken.03

Vash T Stampede
04-28-2003, 01:36 PM
I take my hat of for that! http://members.lycos.nl/shakunetsuhadoken/Gifs/donovn-tss.gif

shambler
04-28-2003, 07:38 PM
your accuracy is incredible - awes0me job man!

Psycho Ken
04-29-2003, 03:23 PM
Vash T Stampede::beer:
shambler: Thanks,glad u guys like it. N trust me,this is a 18 hrs hand drawin! :P
Ken.03

devilishman
04-29-2003, 08:40 PM
I tot the 1st pic was photo too!!!!! oh god damn!!! u are one hell of a artist wf great patience!! u really couloured this 18hrs non stop?? excellent work man!! pls post more!!! where are u from?:buttrock: :eek:

JonasNoell
04-29-2003, 09:16 PM
That's a strange motive you have there. Anyway I would put my right hand in the fire if the plate you have there is not based on a photo. If not, hum well my hand is burned now and you get happy! :shrug: This is really an amazing job, what somehow catches my eye is the amount of different quality you have there in the image. While some things such as the fork and the glass and plate is so photorealistic, the table and other parts are just plain and boring looking areas. What happened to the shadows on the edge of the table?

cANt

Psycho Ken
05-01-2003, 12:04 PM
CaNt: Ya,i do hav refrence to base on when i coloured figures style,but it's not by using the original photo n touch up but by own hands and coloured it out! 10+ hrs wf patience to coloured something realistic it's reasonable by the way..i also hav witness that seeing me coloured n tat's KFC. Well...no need to burn ur hands though....coz artist hands are everything. Burn ur hair oledi consider enuff lol ~jz kiddin :beer:

Ken.03

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.