PDA

View Full Version : PFlow Particles to form Object? Help

shawnzer
01-14-2008, 04:11 PM
I know theres probaly a very simple solution to this or already a tutorial with someone about this same thing. Basically I have a explosion of particles then I need them to form an object at a different location. Very simple object just letters. At the moment i have the explosion and I have the partices targeted to the object I need them to form, but I dont know how to have them actually form the object. Any help would be much appreciated.

grury
01-14-2008, 05:18 PM
This subject been asked and talked about several times in this forum, plenty of threads on similar issues.
The most straight forward, if u have access to PFlowTools 1, is to use Lock/Bond operator on the event after the Find Target. Otherwise u can use the Position Object op, although the result may look a little weird as the particles will jump to a random position on the target object, rather than smooth transition from the Find Target.

Hope it helps

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2008, 05:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.